Kris M. McMore
Kris M. McMore is an attorney with over twenty years of experience practicing primarily in the field of elder law with an extensive background in mental health law. Kris believes strongly in the statement ‘attorney AND counselor of law’. To her, it is more than just providing a client with the best legal defense or offense; it also involves helping the client understand the intricacies of the legal system. When a client needs handholding, Kris believes in taking the time to go the extra mile to provide the support that her client needs.
Prior to joining the firm in August 2016, Kris developed a background in mental health law, while representing two local hospitals on Article 9 of the Mental Hygiene Law proceeding and six local hospitals on Article 81 of Mental Hygiene Law Guardianship proceedings. She also handled both medical and nursing home collections; reviewed health care provider contracts/leases; and developed policy and procedure manuals on a variety of topics for hospitals.
Kris is a member of the New York State and Schenectady County Bar Associations. She is also a member of the Catholic Lawyer’s Guild of the Albany Catholic Diocese.
In her spare time, Kris enjoys taking Zumba classes. She resides with her husband in Scotia, New York.
Areas of Practice
- Elder Law
- Mental Health Law (articles 9, 17A, 80 and 81 of MHL)
- Medicaid and Nursing Home Admissions
- Real Estate
- New York 1999
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington DE, J.D. 1998
- Major – concentration in Health Law
- University at Albany, State University of New York, M.P.H. 1994
- Major – concentration in health research and management
- Siena College B.S. 1992
- Major: Biology, Minor: Chemistry and History
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, 1999-present
- Elder Law Special Needs Section, 2020-present
- Schenectady County Bar Association, 2013; 2019-present
- Albany Chapter of the Catholic Lawyers Guild, 2016-present
- Schenectady Business & Professional Women’s Club, March 2013- present; Treasurer 2017-2020
- Glenville Rotary, January 2014-December 2021
- Albany Chapter of Magnificat, member 2016-present; co-chair of Hostess committee 2018-present
Pro Bono Activities
- NYS Commission on Quality of Care for the Mentally Disabled – Article 80 MHL – Surrogate Decision-Making Committee -Attorney Panel Member- 2003-2009; 2015-present